There are many reasons behind why your pet’s dental health is important. Here are the top 5 reasons why their dental health should be checked on a yearly basis.
- Your pet is at risk for developing a disease or condition that is related to their dental health. i.e. periodontal disease or heart conditions.
- Gum irritation and tartar buildup can happen when baby teeth won’t come out.
- Your pet needs regular dental care just like you do.
- Dogs and cats are very good at hiding pain. You may never know when they have a serious dental health problem. Routine checkups are the only way to tell if there is a health issues.
- Teeth wear out. Your pet’s teeth may be tough but they do wear out. It’s important to keep regular dental hygiene up so that he/she can continue having healthy gums and teeth.
Taking care of you pet’s dental health will ensure a happy, healthy life.