Clinical Benefits of Laser Therapy
At Centre Street Animal Hospital, customers value the clinical benefits of laser therapy for veterinary care.
We are proud to be one of the few hospitals in Ontario offering this technology, as we are committed to ensuring our patients are offered the best medicine available.
This characteristic synchronization laser treatment offers a variety of therapeutic effects:
- Anti-inflammatory BG2 Small Surgical
- Post-surgical incisions healing and discomfort
- Physical rehabilitation
- Analgesic effects
- Effectively helps to treat and manage arthritis, back pain, and skin wounds
- Guarantee effectiveness
- Short treatment times when treating numerous osteo-muscular system disease and when repairing superficial lesions.
The use of laser therapy is relatively new in the veterinary industry. MLS Harmony is the most advanced small animal laser on the market. The breakthrough of the multiwave system offers greater benefit to the patient that any one wavelength alone. Centre Street Animal Hospital has been quick to adopt this technology as we have seen a marked improvement in the health of pets, without the drawback of any side-effects.
Overview of Laser Therapy
- Conventional Laser therapy has been in use for more than 25 years. More than 3,000 scientific publications have tested its effectiveness and the validity of this approach.
- Laser therapy has been proven to help human patients suffering from back pain, osteoarthritis, and muscle and soft tissue pain.
- By decreasing the release of the chemical responsible for pain sensitivity, it is a major proponent in reducing inflammation. Less chemical released means less pain.
- Laser therapy also affects levels of neurotransmitters such as serotonin and endorphins, which work as natural pain relievers.
- Researchers have recently found that lasers work directly on the mitochondria in cells (the powerhouse supplying energy to the rest of the cell). This enhances cell growth and restores the cells to normal health.
Until now, the challenge with Laser Therapy has been its inability to treat deep-seated pathologies, since the strength of the laser used was with low to medium power. We are pleased to provide our patients with the most advanced technology available today to leverage the benefits associated with laser therapy: MLS Harmony Therapy.
MLS Harmony Therapy
MLS Therapy is used for treating pain, inflammation, edema and for repairing superficial lesions. It’s restructured and most modern technology has overcome the limits of traditional Laser Therapy. Pulsed Laser Emissions have an immediate effect on pain, since they are able to produce analgesia (interfering with the transmission of pain impulses to the higher brain centers).
With longer application lengths, they have shown to be effective at treating inflammation and edema. MLS Therapy is able to overcome the limits imposed by selecting one of the two emission types, since it is based on the characteristic therapeutic properties of a new laser pulse. The MLS pulse combines and synchronizes emission of continuous and pulsed laser emissions with different infrared wavelengths.
What is Harmony?
Harmony is the name of the laser used in the veterinary market that utilizes the patented MLS Therapy. The name was chosen because of the relationship of the 2 wavelengths and how they work together, much like a symphony, both bringing different characteristics to the table and complimenting the benefits of the other.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the most common indications for therapy?
The most common MLS Therapy indications are pain relief, intervertebral disc disease, post surgical pain relief, degenerative joint disease, wound healing, arthritic conditions, muscular/skeletal system trauma, and inflammatory conditions.
How many treatments are usually needed to get results?
Results can often be seen after the first or second treatment. Most conditions have protocols that range from 6-10 treatments. The treatments are cumulative and are delivered 2-3 times per week for 2-3 weeks.
Is MLS Therapy approved by the FDA?
Yes, the FDA has approved the use of MLS therapy and it is also patented via the US Patent Office.
What is the advantage of MLS therapy over traditional low level lasers? (LLLT)
MLS Therapy is able to induce strong anti-inflammatory, anti-edema(fluid and swelling build up), and analgesic (painkilling) effects simultaneously and within a short period of time. LLLT cannot achieve these results because of the limitations of using one or two wavelengths that are not synchronized. The patented control system that generates the MLS pulse synchronizes the emissions to achieve results previously unattainable. Thanks to this characteristic synchronization, the various therapeutic effects not only take place at the same time but reciprocally reinforce each other.